Saturday 10 April 2010

when your walk doesn't match your talk

The title of this post is pretty damning of me. This seems to almost be a motto for me. My walk is pretty erratic at best. I yearn so much to be everything God wants me to be, I long to be that person that God created me to be but whether through laziness, worry about popularity or other stupid, irrational fears, I have never got there. So my walk doesn't match my talk.

It's a scary thing to realise. I think the most holy thoughts, I consider the most holy actions and yet, during the day to day, I get annoyed, I tell half - truths, I spend time being self-pitying. Its pretty lame really.

When you consider all Jesus did for us, on the cross ( do me a favour and look up a great medical reference on the crucifixion, it will make you sick when you realise what Jesus went through for us!), how is it possible to still lead a life that is less that God expects. And yet, in His mercy, he forgives, knowing we will faili him again and again. I find such love quite incredible and even now stunning and mind bending!!

He is so merciful to us, Jesus really is the Mercy of God toward mankind. What a Love, what a Father! His mercy and love are beyond our understanding.

Have a great Sunday
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment